Currently, the following opportunities are sponsored by the MU Office of Service-Learning:
- We will be serving in Ireland, Peru, Ghana and Ho Chi Minh City and Cu Chi Vietnam over the summer.
- These programs are 2-6 weeks in length. If you are interested in joining us please select your program of choice from the menu on the right to find out more.
Late Summer program (Fall course) we go to Thailand and work on an elephant conservation project in Chiang Mai.
Fall Semester 2021:
- Look at our TaLK program during the spring semester. This is a fully funded internship, supported by the South Korean government to promote English Language Learning in rural areas of the country. You can participate in this program whilst remaining a full-time student taking MU classes or as a recent graduate. Review our TaLK page for more details.
Winter Break 2021/22:
- We will be serving on the following programs over winter break 2021: Thailand: Working with Indigenous People Costa Rica: working on an environmental program to protect sea turtle populations.and Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam working with children with disabilities and public health. during winter break. These programs are 2 weeks in length. If you are interested in joining us please select your program of choice from the menu on the right to find out more.
- In addition, students may obtain credit or Service-designate their international activities through the following options:
Interested in Global Service? Please fill out our Interest form:
Global Brigades 2021:
- Students from organizations that have created a partnership with our Office can obtain credit for their international experiences. Please select from the menu on the right to find out more.
- Internships – credit is available from the Office of Service-Learning for students engaged in international internship activities that they arrange themselves. Contact the Office of Service-Learning for more information. Office staff can also help you identify international internship options.
- International Center Service Designation: The MU International Center sponsors numerous programs that include courses that can fulfill service-learning requirements or obtain Service-designation at MU. Visit the International Center’s website for more information (search using the Program Feature “Service-learning”).